Position: Global Purchasing Manager (region: Singapore)
Our client is a global group of companies specialised in construction and sales or lease of solar energy
projects and wholesale of solar components and panels. Most of their global customers purchase or
lease an entire (or part of a) solar energy system to produce their own green energy.
Currently they are at the point of expanding their activities and they want to professionalize and intensify
their procurement activities. Therefore they are looking for a Global Purchasing Manager whom preferably
has knowledge of Mandarin at native or professional level and who can assist them to professionalize
their sourcing, negociations, contracts and component quality and development in the various Asian
markets and who can improve their procurement and supply chain processes, SLA's, and deliveries
from these suppliers.
In the position of Global Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for the entire global procurement
and in time deliveries of solar components for global solar PV construction projects for our client,
including a part wholesale. You will build up relationships with current and new suppliers and set up
a solid (Asian) supplier base. In co-operation with suppliers and engineering you will work on product improvement, development and improvement of supply chain, (Jit) deliveries or consignment stock.
You will (re)negociate existing contracts with current (long term) suppliers, source and build up other
long term relations with new suppliers, constantly monitoring the contracts and the fluctuating prices
of solar components and improve internal processes, SLA's and supply chain.
After implementing improvements and achievement of significant savings you will lead the integration
of the supply chain dept (3 fte) and/or hire and train other procurement professionals to build up a
Dublin or Singapore supply base.
The Global Purchasing Manager is the central person for all global procurement activities related to
the group activities in solar energy and will report to the Global Head of Operations.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the complete procurement process of services and capital intensive goods
- You will work closely together with group and local management teams, as well as with the
various engineering teams
- Integrate and align your work with your colleagues of logistics and warehousing
- Hold regular contact with the global sales team to forecast your procurement activities
- Follow-up closely upon market evolutions, this as well technical as economically related
- Maintain strong relationships with suppliers, whilst constantly monitoring their performance
- Negotiate technical and financial conditions in lieu with the company's objectives
- Master's degree in economics or engineering
- +10 years of experience in a senior procurement role
- Fluent in English as well verbally as in writing. Knowledge of Chinese is a strong asset
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Analytical profile; detail minded
What our client offers
An attractive function with a wide range of tasks, an international environment that stimulates initiatives
and an excellent remuneration.
Interested in this position as Global Purchasing Manager ?
Mail your curriculum with reference Global Purchasing Manager Singapore, to:
Procurementnetwork has several partner websites in procurement:
Procurementvacancies.eu Procurementnews.eu Procurementeducation.eu
vacancies in procurement and supply chain management